Our terms and conditions
1.1 Welcome to meccabingo.com, brought to you by Rank Digital Gaming (Alderney) Limited (a company registered in Alderney under number 1480) of Millennium House, Ollivier Street, Alderney GY9 3TD.
1.2 These conditions contain important information about your use of our website (which includes versions of our website viewed on mobile phones, tablets or other electronic devices). Please read them carefully before you register an account with us and before you start using our services.
1.3 By using our services, you signify your agreement to be bound by these conditions and each of the following:
- 1.3.1 our privacy and cookies policy, which sets out information on how we use your data and what your rights are;
- 1.3.2 individual games rules which can be found on the “game rules” tab for each game; and
- 1.3.3 specific promotion rules which will be set out next to each promotion,
1.4 If there is any conflict or inconsistency between these conditions and the different sets of rules or policies referred in section 1.3 above, then whatever is in these conditions will apply instead of the relevant provision(s) in the other documents.
1.5 If you have any questions about these conditions then please get in touch with customer services and they will be happy to help you. You can reach us using any of the following:
Telephone: 0800 083 1988
Live Chat: www.meccabingo.com
Post: Customer Services
P.O. Box 70695
1.6 Please note that we may record calls for training and monitoring purposes.
2. Changes to our conditions
3. Opening an account with us
3.1 When opening an account you are requested to choose your own username and password. You should ensure that these details are kept private, as you are responsible for all activity on your account, where the correct security information has been provided. If you lose, or forget, your username and/or password, or if you believe that a third party is aware of them, you should contact us immediately. If another person accesses your account due to your negligence (for example, not keeping your username and password private or leaving your computer unattended without logging out) you are responsible for all their actions and any losses they may incur on your account.
3.2 When you open an account with us you are confirming that:
- 3.2.1 you are at least 18 years of age and above the legal age for gambling in the jurisdiction in which you live (see section 4 – proof of age and identity);
- 3.2.2 are not restricted from opening an account under the ‘Geographical restrictions’ section of these conditions (see section 5);
- 3.2.3 you are accessing the website from the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland or Gibraltar;
- 3.2.4 you are acting for yourself and not on behalf of anyone else and are not limited in your legal capacity to enter into, and adhere to, these conditions;
- 3.2.5 you will only have one account for the website at any one time;
- 3.2.6 you have not excluded yourself from gambling and you have not previously held an account with us or with any other gambling operator (in both cases whether online or “in club”) which was suspended or terminated due to your wrongdoing;
- 3.2.7 the details that you have provided us with are true, correct and complete and you will inform us of any changes to the information you have provided in accordance with section 4 of these conditions;
- 3.2.8 you will not use, or allow any other person to use, the website for fraudulent purposes, or in connection with a criminal offence or other unlawful activity; and
- 3.2.9 you do not work for us or one of our associated companies, or suppliers of our gambling equipment and services, and/ or are not otherwise acting on their behalf.
4. Proof of your age and identity
4.1 To register with us you must be at least 18 years of age and above the legal age for gambling in the jurisdiction in which you live (the “Appropriate Age”), as underage gambling is an offence. We may request proof of age and residency documentation from you at any time which you agree to provide to us promptly. If you are subsequently found to be under the Appropriate Age at the time you placed transactions with us (or we are unable to verify your age for any reason) your account will be closed, all transactions placed whilst you were under the Appropriate Age will be voided and all related funds deposited will be returned. However we shall not be obliged to pay any winnings which might otherwise have been payable.
4.2 We are also required to comply with anti-money laundering legislation and we may request proof of identity information from you from time to time, which you agree to provide to us promptly. In particular, we may undertake a search with Experian for the purpose of verifying your identity. To do so Experian may check the details you supply against any particulars on any database (public or otherwise) to which they have access. They may also use your details in the future to assist other companies for verification purposes. A record of the search will be retained.
5. Geographical restrictions
5.1 We only accept wagers or play from persons located in the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland and Gibraltar (the “Permitted Jurisdictions”). This list of Permitted Jurisdictions may be changed by us from time to time.
5.2 It is your responsibility to comply at all times with your own local, national or state laws that relate to gambling.
5.3 Although we take appropriate measures to restrict access to our website to persons located in the Permitted Jurisdictions, no winnings shall be paid to you if you do obtain access outside the Permitted Jurisdictions.
5.4 We reserve the right to terminate your account and refuse any use of our services if we know or reasonably suspect that you have been using them whilst located outside the Permitted Jurisdictions.
6. Keeping your details up to date
If any of your personal account details or financial information relevant to your account change, you must inform us immediately, as failure to do so may result in transactions being declined by your financial institution. To change any of your account information, you can access and amend your information using the “My Account” section of the website. Should your credit card used on your account be lost, stolen or re-issued, please notify us as soon as possible by contacting customer services.
7. Your use of our website
7.3 We may withdraw any promotional offers (including bonuses, free bets or tokens) at any time.
8. Placing a wager
8.1 You must exercise your own judgment in placing a wager and you acknowledge that you have not relied on any statement or advice from us or our employees in deciding to place a wager.
8.2 We may refuse or limit the whole or part of any wager for any reason at our discretion. You are not allowed to place a wager greater than the amount in credit in your account.
8.3 We may set the maximum and minimum stake amounts and these will be set out in the individual games rules.
8.4 Wagers do not become valid until our systems confirm that the wager has been accepted and until we have received payment.
8.5 For some games, we will pass you to a third party system. These systems may not provide you with all of the reporting information you will find on our main site. Should you require additional wager information, please contact our customer services.
9. Deposits and withdrawals
9.1 You may deposit monies to an account with us by using the payment methods listed on the website.
9.2 Interest is not payable on account balances.
9.3 You can make withdrawals from your account up to your current available balance subject to the following conditions:-
- 9.3.1 for all debit or credit cards, if you wish to withdraw an amount in excess of £15,000 per day, please contact customer services;
- 9.3.2 for non-UK issued Mastercards (including some UK Mastercards), we may not able to pay funds back to these credit cards. Withdrawals will, where possible, be processed by bank transfer;
- 9.3.3 for Visa cards and other third party payment processing websites (such as Neteller & Skrill), there may be limits on withdrawals put in place by the relevant payment service provider from time to time. You should contact customer services in the event that you wish to withdraw funds in excess of these limits; and
- 9.3.4 for bank transfer to UK bank accounts, each withdrawal must be at least £5, or other currency equivalent (save in the case of a final withdrawal to close an account).
9.4 We reserve the right to charge a processing fee of not more than £5 for bank transfer withdrawals. A transfer will only be made to an account in your name and such account must be held in a Permitted Jurisdiction. Where you are requesting a bank transfer for the first time, we will require proof of identity to be provided.
9.5 If, as part of a promotional campaign or competition, we credit an amount to your account (which may include cash or goodwill credits), you can only use such amounts as wagers for playing on our websites. You are not entitled to withdraw such amounts unless you have complied with any specific wagering requirements notified to you and we reserve the right to reclaim those amounts on expiry of the period specified in the promotion or, if no period is specified, after 30 days from the date on which your account was credited.
9.6 You may not make deposits and withdrawals to and from your account with us in order to obtain goods or services from a third party, such as loyalty rewards or vouchers.
9.7 You may only make deposits and withdrawals into your account for the purpose of using the website in good faith and for the purpose for which it is provided and we reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account in the event that we suspect that you are using your account for any other purpose. We may also be required by law or any relevant authority to report any such activity and act in accordance with that authority's directions in relation to your account and the funds in it.
9.8 Rank Digital Gaming (Alderney) Limited, which operates grosvenorcasinos.com and meccabingo.com, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Rank Group Plc which is listed on the London Stock Exchange. Funds at least equal to the value of active customer balances are held in a designated bank account separated from our business accounts to ensure that there are always sufficient funds for customers to withdraw their balances at any time. We hold such sums on trust for you for the sole purpose of enabling you to either withdraw your balance or to place stakes on our websites. This designated bank account is proactively monitored and reconciled by our treasury department. We comply with the 'medium level' requirements of the UK Gambling Commission and the general requirements of the Alderney Gambling Control Commission with regards to safeguarding our customers’ funds. The extents to which customer funds are protected in the event of insolvency are described at www.gamblingcommission.gov.uk/consumers/protection-of-customer-funds.aspx and www.gamblingcontrol.org/questions8.php.
10. Closing your account and inactive accounts
10.1 We reserve the right to close your account, or withdraw the website, at any time and we will use reasonable endeavours to notify you of such closure or withdrawal.
10.2 You may close your account at any time by notifying us.
10.3 On the closure of your account, subject to any deductions permitted under these conditions, you will be entitled to the return of any balance remaining in your account.
10.4 If, for a period of 12 consecutive months or more, an account has not:
- 10.4.1 had funds deposited in it; or
- 10.4.2 had funds withdrawn from it; or
- 10.4.3 had a wager placed from it; or
- 10.4.4 had a wager settled from it; or
- 10.4.5 had a log in into the account,
- it will be deemed to be an “Inactive Account”.
10.5 An Inactive Account will be charged an administration fee of £2.50 per month (or, should the account balance be under £2.50, an amount equal to the remaining balance) until the account balance is zero. The fee shall be deducted within 10 working days of the end of each month.
10.6 These charges shall be payable in respect of any Inactive Account until the earlier of (i) the account being reactivated by you using the account or (ii) the account balance being reduced to nil.
10.7 If an Inactive Account remains without activity for a further period of twelve (12) consecutive calendar months, the account shall be deemed to be a "Dormant Account". We may charge a handling fee of £10 which will be deducted from any remaining balance and the account will be closed. The remaining amount of cash held in the account (if any) at the time of such closure will be donated to a charity of our choice.
11. Intellectual property
11.1 You agree that all copyright, trademarks, designs, text, photographs, videos, images and graphics, look and structure, of our website, database rights and all other intellectual property rights relating to the website and its contents (including the software) are and will remain our or our licensors’ property.
11.2 You also agree and acknowledge that the material and content contained within the website is made available for your personal non-commercial use and that any other use of such material and content is not permitted.
12. Limitations on liability
12.1 You accept that by using the website there is a risk that you may lose money as well as win.
12.2 We will endeavour to provide the website using our reasonable skill and care.
12.4 We only supply the website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the website for any commercial or business purpose, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We do not accept any liability for errors on any of the websites or software or any other element of our website and we will be entitled to declare any transactions affected by any such error as void.
14. Self exclusion
14.1 If you wish to take an enforced break from gaming, you can request that we prevent you from accessing your account. If you choose to do this, it will be a minimum of six months before you may apply for reinstatement.
14.2 You may make such a request by contacting our customer services through any of the methods listed in section 1 above. Please include your full name, address, username and date of birth in your contact with us and please also tell us the reason why you wish to self-exclude from our website.
14.3 Use of this opt-out facility will result in your account being blocked for a minimum of six months. We will return any withdrawable balance of your account to you and we will not accept wagers from your account during this period. During the period in which you are excluded, you must not attempt to re-open your account or try to open new accounts.
14.4 If you do feel that you have a gambling problem, self-exclusion is advisable but should be used in conjunction with other self-help measures, such as seeking help and guidance from Gamcare (gamcare.org.uk). Please be aware that it is ultimately your own responsibility to uphold a self-exclusion but we will make every effort to stop you playing on the account from which you have excluded. However, should you manage to open a new account by using different personal details of any kind, we will not be responsible for any losses you may subsequently incur as a result of your circumventing the self-exclusion process and may also withhold winnings in certain cases.
15.1 We reserve the right to seek criminal and other sanctions against you if you have, or we suspect you have, engaged in fraudulent, dishonest or criminal acts and we will disclose information to the relevant authorities and other relevant parties (such as credit card companies).
15.2 We reserve the right to terminate your account, forfeit the balance of your account and recover from your account the amount of any affected pay-outs, bonuses or winnings if:
- 15.2.1 you are found to be participating in any form of collusion, fraudulent practice or unlawful or improper activity;
- 15.2.2 we become aware that you have placed wagers and/or gamed with any other online provider of gambling services and have engaged (as a result of such play) in any collusion (including in relation to charge-backs), fraudulent practice or unlawful or improper activity;
- 15.2.3 we become aware that you have requested a charge-back or have denied any of the transactions made on your account;
- 15.2.4 you become bankrupt or have equivalent proceedings occurring anywhere in the world;
- 15.2.5 you have more than one account with us at any one time; or
- 15.2.6 you are using our software and/or system in a manner which we (acting reasonably) deem inappropriate and we may at any time suspend your account while we investigate whether you have engaged in any of the conduct described above.
15.3 You shall repay to us all costs, charges or losses sustained or incurred by us arising directly or indirectly from your fraud, dishonesty or criminal actions.
16.1 As part of our security measures, we may perform random security checks on your account and keep records of transactions and wagers. As part of these checks we may request from you additional documentation or information and we may terminate and/or suspend your registration and/or account and/or withhold payment to you if we do not receive such documentation within the time period we specify.
16.2 You agree that we may use personal information provided by you in order to conduct appropriate anti-fraud checks. Personal information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency which may keep a record of that information.
17.1 If you wish to make a complaint regarding our website, you should contact customer services. The methods by which you can get in touch with us are listed in section 1 or on our website.
17.2 All complaints should be notified to us as soon as possible.
17.3 All game claims or disputes should be raised with our customer services team within seven (7) days of the original transaction. You must also provide the Game ID and a screenshot of the game as it finished in order for us to assist you.
17.4 You can find more information about the complaints process on our website.
17.5 Customers who are dissatisfied with the outcome of a complaint may raise the matter with the Alderney Gambling Control Commission in accordance with the provisions of this section 17.
17.6 We have appointed the Alderney Gambling Control Commission (AGCC) for Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR). You have free right of access to the ADR function. AGCC may be contacted in this respect at email@example.com.
17.7 You accept that AGCC will not arbitrate on matters already or that during the arbitration become, subject to court action, or on matters which in AGCC’s opinion are more properly referred to the regulator as breaches of regulation.
17.8 The AGCC will only arbitrate on a dispute if you:
- 17.8.1 have previously raised the dispute with us and documented in writing the substance of the dispute;
- 17.8.2 promptly make available to AGCC, on request, all records on the subject of the dispute and the relevant activity and all relevant correspondence;
- 17.8.3 consent to the sharing by us of your personal data with AGCC for this purpose;
- 17.8.4 agree to be bound by the ruling of AGCC, save that appeal against a ruling may be made to the Executive Director of AGCC but only on the grounds that the dispute has been so seriously mishandled by AGCC’s ADR team as to result in manifest unfairness.
17.9 You accept and agree that AGCC will incur no liability of any sort arising out of or in connection with its role as ADR.
18.1 For certain of our services, you may need to download or use certain additional software, including software provided by third parties.
18.2 You may be required to enter into end user terms and conditions of use in order to make use of such software. You agree to be bound by the terms of any such agreement.
18.3 You shall not interfere with, copy, modify or reverse engineer any software provided to you by us and/or any third party or attempt to do so, except as permitted by law.
21. Rights of other parties
22. Law and jurisdiction
Last updated on: 22 December 2014