- The following terms and conditions apply to all raffles conducted on www.meccabingo.com (“Raffles”).
- All Raffles are operated by Rank Digital Gaming (Alderney) Limited (a company registered in Alderney under number 1480) of La Corvée House, La Corvée, Alderney, Channel Islands GY9 3TQ (“we”, “us” or “our” in these terms and conditions). We are part of The Rank Group Plc group of companies, which operates gaming venues in Europe and digital gaming sites, including the Bella Casino, Enracha, Grosvenor Casino, Mecca Bingo and YoBingo brands. Unless otherwise specified, we are not in any way affiliated with, or endorsed by, any brands in relation to the Raffle prizes we offer.
- If you have any questions about our Raffles or these terms and conditions, then please get in touch with customer services and they will be happy to help you: Email: email@example.com.
- By entering into any Raffle, either through an online or postal entry, you accept and agree to be bound by:
- these terms and conditions; and
- any additional terms and conditions that may apply to the specific Raffle you are entering (such as opening and closing dates, maximum permitted entries, and any other terms that apply to a particular Raffle or prize), which will be shown on each Raffle page; and
- the general Meccabingo.com terms and conditions.
- If you do not agree to these terms, you should not enter any Raffle.
How to enter our Raffles
- To enter any Raffle, you must have an active Meccabingo.com account. If your account is suspended or closed before we receive your entry, the entry will be voided and will not be included in the Raffle.
- If you have an active Meccabingo.com account, you can enter a Raffle by submitting either a valid online entry or a valid postal entry (please see below for further details of the entry requirements).
- You are responsible for ensuring that your entry is complete and that the information you provide is current and accurate.
- We will not accept:
- responsibility for Raffle entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
- any proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to a Raffle.
- You can enter a Raffle online by logging in to your Meccabingo.com account and using your account funds to purchase tickets on the Raffle page. The cost of a ticket may vary between Raffles and online entries may be subject to a minimum ticket purchase requirement – please refer to the individual Raffle page for details.
- For more information about opening an account with us, and deposits, withdrawals and bonusing, please refer to the general Meccabingo.com terms and conditions.
- To enter a Raffle by post you must have an active Meccabingo.com account.
- Postal entries must:
- be handwritten in legible English; and
- be completed on an unenclosed postcard and sent by first-class post to Mecca Bingo Raffle, PO Box 5002, Alton, Hants GU34 9BZ; and
- identify the Raffle you would like to enter by including the title and closing date of the Raffle; and
- include your full name, phone number (including area code, if a landline number) and email address, as these details appear on your Meccabingo.com account. If your account cannot be identified with the information provided, the entry will be voided.
- Hand-delivered entries and entries without sufficient postage paid will not be accepted.
- One valid postal entry equates to one online entry for the chosen Raffle. In the event that additional bonus entries are applied to online entries, the same will also be applied to postal entries.
- Only one Raffle may be entered per postal entry. A single postal entry relating to multiple Raffles will not be accepted.
- We will not accept any responsibility for postal entries which are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, or which are illegible or otherwise contain insufficient information for us to be able to identify your Meccabingo.com account. Postal entries cannot be returned.
Eligibility to enter our Raffles
- Raffles are only open to persons located in the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man and Gibraltar, who are aged 18 years or over and who have an active Meccabingo.com account.
- Employees, officers and directors of (i) any company within The Rank Group Plc group of companies and (ii) any organisation providing goods or services in relation to any Raffle, together with their respective immediate relatives, are not eligible to enter Raffles or win any prizes.
- By entering a Raffle, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. We may require you to provide proof of your eligibility.
- You may submit up to the maximum number of entries specified for a Raffle, through any combination of online entries or postal entries.
- Entries must be received before the closing date of the Raffle.The closing date will be the date/time specified on the Raffle page or the point that the Raffle sells out – whichever comes first. If a Raffle does sell out, we will credit your Meccabingo.com account in cash with an amount equivalent to the online ticket price for each postal entry we receive after the point the Raffle sold out but before the date/time originally specified on the Raffle page. Unless specified on the Raffle page or due to exceptional circumstances beyond our reasonable control, we will not extend the closing date for any Raffle.
- Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- We will not accept entries that are:
- automatically generated by a computer;
- completed by third parties;
- illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
- photocopies and not originals; or
- Entries will be voided if you engage in:
- any form of fraud or fraudulent behaviour;
- hacking or interference with, or any unauthorised use of, Meccabingo.com (including any code that constitutes Meccabingo.com).
- We reserve the right to disqualify you and withhold any prize if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Raffle.
Raffle prize draws
- A prize draw will take place for each Raffle to determine the winner of the main prize and, if applicable, the winner(s) of any runner-up prize(s). Automated prize draws will be completed using a random number generator to select winners. For live prize draws shown on our social media channels and/or Mecca TV, winners will be chosen by chance using the method specified on the Raffle page (for example, by using a ball machine).
- Prize draws will be carried out on the draw date, which will be specified on the Raffle page. The draw date may be brought forward in the event that a Raffle sells out.
Winners and prizes
- We will make all reasonable efforts to contact winners within 72 hours of the prize draw taking place. If a winner has not claimed their prize within 21 days of the prize draw taking place, we reserve the right to redraw from the remaining pool of valid entries to find a new winner. Any newly selected winner will also have 21 days to claim their prize.
- You are responsible for ensuring that your contact details are current and accurate, and we do not accept any responsibility if we are unable to contact you due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details provided to us.
- You may be required to provide proof of identity, such as a driving licence or passport, in order to verify that you can lawfully receive a prize. If requested, you will have 21 days in which to provide proof of identity. If you fail to provide proof of identity, or if we reasonably believe that you cannot lawfully receive the prize, the prize may be forfeited and we reserve the right to redraw from the remaining pool of valid entries to find a new winner.
- In order to ensure that a prize is delivered to the correct person, we reserve the right to refuse to deliver the prize to any location which may be used to conceal the recipient’s identity (such as a P.O. box). ID verification may be required on delivery of the prize.
- If the prize you win is a vehicle and you are not located in mainland Britain, you will be required to travel to mainland Britain to collect the vehicle, at a location to be agreed with you.
- Where the prize you win is a holiday or other experience, you will be contacted to arrange delivery of the prize and must confirm all necessary details (such as the names of travellers and dates of travel) within 14 days of being contacted in order to ensure that all elements of the prize can be fulfilled. Should any element be unavailable for any reason, an alternative of equal or higher value will be provided.
- We do not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up a prize (where this is not a result of our failure to comply with these terms and conditions or due to our negligence).
- Licensing, import, or other distribution or legal restrictions may apply to some prizes in certain jurisdictions, and in such circumstances we reserve the right to award a cash alternative instead. We reserve the right to replace a prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so.
Announcements and data protection
- For each Raffle, we are required either to publish or make available information that indicates that a valid prize award has taken place. To comply with this obligation, we will announce each winner’s first name and town/city on Meccabingo.com, via email marketing messages and/or on our social media channels.
- If you object to any or all of your first name and town/city being published or made available, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In such circumstances, we may still be required to provide relevant information to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
Limitation of liability
- Insofar as is permitted by law, we, and each of our associated companies and agents, will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate any winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up a prize, except where death or personal injury is caused by our negligence, the negligence of our associated companies or agents, or the negligence of our respective employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- We do not accept any liability for non-receipt of a prize due to errors in the information you provide, such as incorrect bank account details or delivery address.
- We will endeavour to provide Meccabingo.com using reasonable skill and care, but we do not accept liability for errors or malfunctions, or for the accuracy, completeness or currency of any information provided by us. Errors and malfunctions may include, but are not limited to, human error, misstatements, omissions, system, technical or communication delays, interruptions, malfunctions or failures, data non-delivery, mis-delivery or corruption, hacking, bugs or viruses or events outside of our reasonable control.
- If we fail to comply with these terms and conditions or are negligent, we will be responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach up to the maximum liability limit set out below. We will not be responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if such loss or damage was an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time you entered a Raffle.
- Our maximum liability to you is limited to the greater of:
- where liability relates to our failure to provide a prize (or an alternative prize pursuant to section 38) that you have legitimately won in a Raffle, the value of that prize;
- the aggregate value of any online tickets bought, or postage costs paid, by you to enter our Raffles; or
Other important terms
- If there is any reason to believe that you have breached these terms and conditions and/or breached the general Meccabingo.com terms and conditions, we may, at our sole discretion, void any Raffle entry you have submitted, withhold any prize from you and/or exclude you from participating in future Raffles.
- We reserve the right to suspend, cancel or amend a Raffle at any time, but we will only do so in exceptional circumstances and will make every reasonable effort to minimize the impact on customers. In the rare event that a Raffle is cancelled, we will credit your Meccabingo.com account in cash with an amount equivalent to the online ticket price for all valid entries (whether online or postal) we had received from you for the cancelled Raffle. Where we have credited your account in this way, we shall have no further liability to you in respect of the cancelled Raffle.
- Except where a Raffle is cancelled (in which case section 48will apply), no refunds will be given if, in accordance with these terms and conditions, an entry is invalid or voided, you are disqualified from a Raffle or a prize is withheld from you.
- We are the sole arbiter of the Raffles and our decisions, including in relation to the validity of entries, the selection of winners and the allocation of prizes, are final. No correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- We may make changes to our terms and conditions at any time but will use all reasonable efforts to ensure that such changes do not disadvantage any Raffle entries received prior to the changes taking effect. We will notify you of any significant changes by email, notice on Meccabingo.com or account message.
- These terms and conditions, all Raffles, their administration and all associated activities shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.